Introduction and Background
An analysis of the most recent national reports submitted to the Secretariat in preparation for Ramsar COP13 in 2018, revealed a general decline in the extent of activities undertaken by the private sector for the conservation, wise use, and management of Ramsar Sites and wetlands in general.
Danone, The Secretariat of the Ramsar Convention on Wetlands, and WWF have created this eLearning training programme to build foundational knowledge of key concepts to enhance Public-private sector engagement with the intention to result in significant benefits for the world’s wetlands.
This self-paced Training Programme is available online and includes lessons, case studies and quizzes. Participants who complete the training programme will receive a Certificate of Completion.
- The Enabling Environment: How to Facilitate Public and Private Sector Engagement
- Voluntary Market Based Mechanisms: How they can be applied for Conservation and Wise use
- Developing projects with the Private sector
- Bankable projects: opportunities to unlock new financing for conservation projects
- Gain an understanding of how multiple stakeholders use a wetland and why it is important to capture these interactions to achieve successful conservation and sustainable use plans.
- How to create an enabling environment to facilitate engagement of multiple stakeholders
- Increase understanding of the current financing approaches and mechanisms for public –private sector collaboration such as the voluntary based mechanism, Payment for Ecosystems and the Landscape Approach
- How to develop bankable projects that attract financing